We are searching for a part-time bookkeeper or part-time independent contract bookkeeper to join us at Ecolibrium3. The Ecolibrium3 Bookkeeper will help advance our mission of building a sustainable and equitable community by helping carry out the sound financial practices that support our programming.
IDEAL SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online
- Experience managing financial requirements related to grants, especially Federal
- Experience managing books and recordkeeping to prepare for financial audits
- Attentive to detail
- Efficient and organized
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize and resolve problems, and to work under pressure
- Self-aware and communicative regarding needs and support needed to accomplish tasks
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Committed to celebrating diversity, practicing inclusivity, and committed to advancing equity and accessibility for all
- Record expenses, donations, transactions, and other financial data in QuickBooks Online
- Prepare invoices and receive payments
- Pay vendors
- Make bank deposits
- Process payroll through QuickBooks
- Allocate costs and staff time to appropriate grants or projects
- Reconcile bank statements
- Work with development staff to manage and reconcile fundraising
- Manage and keep up to date organizational financial processing software
- Manage insurance with broker
- Manage retirement funds with broker
- Prepare financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee project/program and grants accounting
- Prepare documentation for audit and 990, including preparation of required audit testing and other records
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Update and maintain handbooks for bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintain record-keeping system according to appropriate laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as required
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This position could be either a part-time, 10-hour-a-week employee or a contracted position for an independent bookkeeper.
The pay range for a part-time employee is $19-23 per hour, depending on experience, plus pro-rated PTO and holiday. Rates will be negotiated with an independent contract bookkeeper.
This is an in-person position. We would prefer the person we hire to be in the office 2 or more days a week to meet needs that arise throughout the week, but the schedule can be discussed and agreed upon as part of the hiring process.
To apply, please submit the following materials by midnight on June 15, 2023, to Lora Wedge at email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position, including a description of any relevant life or work experience
Ecolibrium3 is an equal-opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. We encourage applications from people of color and those underrepresented in this field.
Ecolibrium3 VISTA Corps
AmeriCorps VISTA members serve for a year building the capacity of local non-profit organizations and public agencies in the Northland with the ultimate goal of eradicating poverty. The Eco3 VISTA Corps focuses on addressing poverty holistically from various angles such as food access and systems, government policy, community development, education, health equity, creative place making, climate adaptation, energy justice and more.
Eco3 VISTA members work with organizations that are deeply embedded in community to help develop equitable, resilient and sustainable solutions to community challenges through leveraging resources, building partnerships, expanding reach and improving organizational efficiency.
While serving their communities, Eco3 VISTA members also gain valuable experience and access to professional development opportunities, become a part of a passionate and service-oriented cohort, and upon completion of service, take home an education award or cash stipend.
Positions open quarterly. See the current open positions here.