Making Homes More Energy-Efficient
All community members should have the ability to live in energy-efficient and healthy homes. We make this possible in multiple ways:
How these programs are making change:
Everyone in our community should be able to live in an energy-efficient home. Our programs offer energy efficiency services to all customers of Minnesota Power and Comfort Systems in Duluth, but give special assistance to households that cannot afford to keep their homes adequately warm at a reasonable cost. In our area, households that pay more than 6% of household income on energy utilities are considered to be in energy poverty. In St. Louis County, households that earn less than 50% of the Federal Poverty Level have an average energy burden of 41%. Our programs help these households make significant reductions in their energy costs.
Ways to participate:
- Sign up for a home energy audit and learn more about our free weatherization services for income-qualified residents.
- Volunteer to help provide weatherization assistance to low-income, elderly, disabled and/or veteran homeowners.
- Learn more about and apply for our agency mini-grants to reduce housing-based health threats.
- Learn more about energy upgrade opportunities for rental properties.
- Donate to support our energy efficiency programs.
More questions about our energy programs? Call our office at 218-336-1038 to learn more.
Most people know they have insulation in their homes, but do you know if you have enough? Proper insulation is key to keeping your home
October is here and the cold weather is unfortunately not too far behind, but at Eco3, October is also Weatherization and Energy Efficiency month. So
Missing Ecolibrium3’s Energy Programs as you get your home ready for the winter? Now you can get Eco3’s expert energy analysis and recommendations for efficiency