Free heating system upgrades are now being offered to income-qualified households in Duluth. This includes the replacement of damaged, old, and/or inefficient furnaces, boilers, and domestic water heaters.
With winter around the corner, ensuring your home’s heating system is operating safely and efficiently becomes even more important. Fifty-five percent of the energy used in a typical Minnesota household goes to heating and cooling. According to https://www.energystar.gov/ “Depending on where you live, replacing your old heating and cooling equipment with ENERGY STAR certified equipment can cut your annual energy bill by nearly $140.”
Upgrading your heating system will both lower your energy bills and reduce your impact on the environment. If your heating system fits any of the qualifications below and you income qualify according to HUD guidelines, we may be able to help!
Is your heating system:
- Old? Typical heating systems need to be replaced after 20 years.
- Operating inefficiently? Systems operating below 70% Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) should be replaced.
- Damaged? If repair costs exceed 25% of the cost of a new system, consider replacing.
- Still using fuel oil or propane as its main fuel source? Converting from fuel oil to natural gas can reduce your carbon emissions by over 20%.
How it works:
- Contact us! Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call at (218) 336-1038
- Complete an income verification form.
- Receive your FREE home energy audit. Based on your audit we will determine if you are in need of an upgrade.
- If applicable, receive your FREE heating system replacement.
Temperatures are dropping fast. Contact us to see if you qualify!
|Family Size||Annual Gross Income Limit|