The Eco3 VISTA program has a range of exciting and challenging opportunities for service in Northeastern Minnesota, but a position with AmeriCorps is a little different than your typical job!
Our VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members work for a year at a local organization in Northeastern Minnesota to advance anti-poverty solutions and build the capacity of the organizations and the communities they serve. Depending on your skills and interests, your work could focus on climate resiliency, food sovereignty, social justice, economic inequality, affordable housing, and so much more!
But the pay, benefits, and opportunities of an AmeriCorps VISTA position are unique, as they help you understand poverty, live in community, and experience an opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Here is an overview of the benefits to VISTA service with the Eco3 VISTA Corps:
- Living Stipend: adjusted to local income levels, the stipend is a modest amount to cover basic living expenses. In Duluth, the stipend is roughly $13,000 per year.
- End of Service Education Award or Stipend: upon successful completion of your VISTA service, members can choose a cash stipend of about $1800 or a $6,000 award for education expenses like student loans or tuition.
- Professional Development: including trainings, workshops, and a $150 stipend for individual professional development throughout your VISTA service.
- Healthcare and Childcare: Qualified members can choose a health reimbursement or plan and childcare support.
- Public Benefits: Members can enroll in Minnesota benefits, including nutrition and housing assistance with help from Eco3 staff.
- Relocation Allowance: VISTA members can receive payment to help with the costs of relocating to Minnesota!
- Non-Competitive Eligibility and other Alumni Resources: After service, members can participate in AmeriCorps Alumni networks and receive Non-Competitive Eligibility for some federal employment.
Contact the Eco3 VISTA team or the AmeriCorps hotline (1-800-942-2677) with any questions related to service or benefits!