Buy a CSA Box
For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. “CSA” has become synonymous with a weekly or biweekly box full of local fruits and veggies that are in season delivered to your door.
A farmer offers a certain number of “shares” to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a “membership” or a “subscription”) and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.
BENEFITS FOR CONSUMERS:
- You’re supporting your local community – A great way to support your community is to put your money right back into it.
- You’re eating in season – CSA’s are only able to sell what they’re able to grow so what you get will be the freshest of what’s in season. I.e. you get ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits.
- You get to experiment with different types of produce – with a CSA, you’re constantly getting exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking.
- It saves you money – Buying directly from farmers cuts out the middleman and transportation costs, helping you save money. It also ensures less food waste because they send you just enough.
- You get to know your farmer – Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows your food and learn more about how food is grown.
Did you take this action? Report it!
Help us show our collective community impact by reporting that you took this action.