Learn About Biking from a Friend
Did you know, in 2017 (and in 2013) Duluth was awarded a bronze-level Bicycle Friendly Community designation by the League of American Bicyclists! Biking thrives in Duluth year-round. But don’t take our word for it, ask a friend who already has made biking a way of life. Here are a few questions to ask and a few expert tips to help you start biking:
- What is their favorite ride?
- What recommendations do they have for planning rides to work?
- What are the best streets or bike paths to use to get to different destinations?
- How many layers do they wear in the summer, fall, winter, and spring? Expert tip: Stay comfortable by layering a base that wicks sweat, then a medium layer (like fleece) and finishing off with windproof outer layers. With layers, you will be able to adjust to stay warm (or cool) mid-ride.
- What is their favorite way to keep their head, hands and feet warm and dry? Expert tip: Wear gloves, thick socks (such as wool), as well as a hat that fits under your helmet (or a helmet cover).
- How many bike lights do they have on their bike? Biking visibility is key. Front and rear lights are a necessity, and reflective clothing (or tape) is helpful.
Did you take this action? Report it!
Help us show our collective community impact by reporting that you took this action.