Learn about Busing from a Friend
If you’re new to riding the bus for work or to run errands, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Luckily there are many tools and people that will help make your bus trip easy and enjoyable!
Do you have a friend who commutes by bus? Ask them their favorite bus etiquette tip or how they found their route to school or work. Don’t know anyone who commutes by bus? The Duluth Transit Authority can help with real time bus trackers and trip planners.
Here are a few of our favorite bus etiquette tips we have received from friends:
- Have your fare ready to make boarding quick for everyone.
- Unless you need the handicap ramp, please exit to the rear of the bus at busy stops.
- When the bus is full, hold your purse, backpacks, and other personal belongings in your lap.
- Wear headphones when listening to music, and listen at a low volume.
- Leave front seats open for families, older adults, and those in wheelchairs.
- Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus.
Share your favorite public transit tip you found out from asking a friend about taking the bus to work or school below through the Report Action link.
Did you take this action? Report it!
Help us show our collective community impact by reporting that you took this action.