Minnesota Native Plant Society
The Minnesota Native Plant Society, a volunteer-led organization, is dedicated to the conservation and appreciation of Minnesota’s native plants and plant communities. It is organized and operated for the following purposes:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Continuing education of all members in the plant sciences.
- Education of the public regarding environmental protection of plant life.
- Encouragement of research and publications on plants native to Minnesota.
- Study of legislation on Minnesota flora, vegetation and ecosystems.
- Preservation of special plants, plant communities and scientific and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the ecology of natural resources and scenic features.
- Fellowship with all persons interested in native plants through meetings, lectures, workshops and field trips.
Now that you’ve learned more, the best way to create change is by getting involved! Donate your money or time, find support, and take action. Citizen climate action means a stronger, healthier, more vibrant Duluth!
Learn more and get involved with the Minnesota Native Plant Society.