City of Duluth Climate Action Work Plan
When the City of Duluth passed its climate emergency resolution in April 2021, it was charged with developing a Climate Action Work Plan that would identify strategies for decreasing city and community-wide greenhouse gas emissions and becoming more resilient to a changing climate.
The Climate Action Work Plan, presented to city council February 2022, is a short-term plan for the next one to five years to set the groundwork for future action.
The plan includes 9 strategies:
- Reduce energy consumption in buildings.
- Increase efficiency and resilience in city utilities.
- Support low carbon transportation options.
- Support renewable energy.
- Improve stormwater management.
- Reduce solid waste.
- Reduce disparities in public health.
- Seek sustainability opportunities that support economic growth.
- Identify carbon sequestration opportunities.
Read the full plan from the link below.
Now that you’ve learned more, the best way to create change is by getting involved! Donate your money or time, find support, and take action. Citizen climate action means a stronger, healthier, more vibrant Duluth!
Explore the City of Duluth Climate Action Work Plan.