Reduce Miles Driven by a Percentage
Daily transportation and business activities contribute a significant portion to greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption, fossil fuel reliance, and air pollution. One solution is by reducing the amount of driving you do. Simply put, if you drive less, you consume less energy.
TIPS TO REDUCE DRIVING:
- Walk or bike when you can.
- Use the bike-share programs if your city or town has them.
- Take public transit when possible.
- Carpool with friends instead of driving alone.
- Use ride-sharing services.
- Plan ahead to make the most of your trips and “trip chain.” If your grocery store is near other places you need to visit, do it all at once.
- Work from home periodically if your job allows it.
Did you take this action? Report it!
Help us show our collective community impact by reporting that you took this action.