Install a Tankless Water Heater
When considering taking steps to become more energy efficient, think in terms of investment. You are spending this amount of money and effort in order to reduce cost and energy consumption in the long run. Installing a tankless water heater is a great energy efficiency investment that will also increase the value of your building or home.
As the name implies, a tankless water heater eliminates the need for a bulky hot water tank in your home. By connecting directly to your plumbing system, a tankless water heater can safely and efficiently heat your water without a tank. Using a series of high-efficiency heating elements, water is heated as it is needed rather than heating an entire tank’s worth of water to work. When the hot water is shut off, the unit goes into standby mode until it’s needed again.
They’re safer and much better for the environment than tank models. Since tankless water heaters only heat water as it is needed, they consume much less energy than a tank heater would use. This means lower electric and gas bills for you and a smaller carbon footprint too!
BENEFITS OF A TANKLESS WATER HEATER:
- Save money – You will experience significant savings on your energy bill since tankless units are more efficient and use less energy.
- Save space – Enjoy additional space in your house by getting rid of the bulky hot water tank.
- Less maintenance and fewer repairs – With fewer components, you will experience fewer tankless water heater repair and maintenance issues.
- Limitless hot water – Homes that use a lot of hot water throughout the day will also enjoy unlimited hot water.
- Longer lifespan – These units also last longer in the home compared to traditional water heaters.
- Works with smaller gas lines – Even older homes and homes with seemingly smaller gas lines can enjoy the benefits of a new tankless water heater installation.
Did you take this action? Report it!
Help us show our collective community impact by reporting that you took this action.